I have eaten many lobsters over the years, but this was the best I have ever had. We visited Tom and Allison this past weekend for dinner. While I was making the Magical Margaritas, Tom was preparing to serve this awesome meal. What a great combination (Surf and Smurf)!
Ingredients based on one 1 3/4 pound live lobster
Preparing the Stuffing
· 1 sleeve finely crumble Ritz crackers
· 2 tablespoon of fresh parsley
· 5 to 8 cooked baby shrimp
· 1/2 cup fresh crab meat
· 1/4 cup melted butter
· lemon juice to taste, about 1 small wedge
· 2 tablespoon dry sherry
Prepare the Lobster
· Turn the lobster on it's back
· Using a large, sharp butcher knife, slice from the tip of the head all the way down the tail. (See the tip below.)
· Remove the "inners" from the belly
· Rinse with cold water to clean out
Stuff the Lobster
· Spread the lobster open as wide as possible
· Stuff it with the stuffing
· Drizzle melted butter on top of the stuffed lobster, just enough to moisten
· Cook in a 450 preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep an eye that you don't burn the stuffing. It should come out slightly browned.
· Serve with a small cup of melted butter for dipping
· You can also include baby scallops in your stuffing.
· If you would rather not cut the live lobster down the belly, you can boil it for a few minutes, just enough to kill it.
· If you're serving for company, you can do everything a head of time. Just wait to drizzle the butter onto of the lobster until the last minute. Obviously refrigerate if you are preparing ahead.