- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 serrano chilies minced (or jalapenos)
- 1/2 ripe tomato, chopped, seeds and pulp removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (don't go overboard)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (don't go overboard)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Use fork to break up the avocado, but be sure to leave some chunks. If you use jalapenos, remove the seeds for mild, or leave them in for hot.
Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or so.
Goes well with Tostito's Artisan Roasted Garlic and Black Bean tortilla chips.